Select Media Appearances
TV, Radio and Podcasts
See a list of appearances here: http://www.christianwomenandporn.com/audio-and-video
Christian News Wire – September 7th 2012
Shelley and S’ambrosia Are Available for Interviews:
Contact Shelley and S’ambrosia regarding media appearances and interviews via phone (719) 445-6558 or via email on their contact form here.
Sample Interview Questions
Download a PDF with the questions below here.
- You’ve written a book on a topic that not many people are talking about, Christian women and pornography, especially in the Church. What inspired you to write on this topic?
- Your book title is “A Christian Woman’s Guide to Breaking Free From Pornography: It’s Not Just a Guy’s Problem,” and you have written it from personal experience. Have you found it difficult to publically share your story?
- Do Christian women struggle with pornography? Share with us some of the statistics from the survey you conducted.
- You also have a ministry for teen girls called FindYourTrueBeauty.com which helps girls in the areas of body image and self-esteem. Have you found that teen girls also struggle with pornography?
- What are the major differences between women and men in regards to pornography addiction?
- Shelley, you and your husband, CJ, have both struggled with pornography in the past. Share with us how pornography impacted your marriage.
- What would you say to a Christian woman who says reading erotica fiction is okay?
- What are a few of the steps you recommend to break free from pornography?
- You mention accountability as a key to breaking free from pornography in your book. Talk to us about why accountability helps.
- What other resources do you recommend?
- You and your husband travel around the country and speak. What types of topics do you share in your talks?
- How can someone get a copy or your book or contact you?
Shelley Hitz has been writing and publishing books since 2008, including the book she co-authored with S’ambrosia Curtis, “A Christian Woman’s Guide to Breaking Free From Pornography: It’s Not Just a Guy’s Problem.” You can download a free excerpt and find out more about this book at www.ChristianWomenandPorn.com.
Shelley has been ministering alongside her husband, CJ, since 1998. They currently travel and speak to teens and adults around the country. Shelley’s main passion is to share God’s truth and the freedom in Christ she has found with others. She does this through her books, websites and speaking engagements. Shelley’s openness and vulnerability, as she shares her own story of hope and healing, will inspire and encourage you.
S’ambrosia Curtis is a graduate from Kansas State University, where she served on an InterVarsity leadership team for three years and developed a love for God and a heart for His people. Throughout college she was involved in various worship and prayer movements including two 24-hour campus-wide prayer vigils and an appearance in “Network” magazine with the founder of Burning Hearts, Becky Tirabassi. She currently teaches English and sociology to middle and high school students at Salina Christian Academy and leads worship at NorthPoint Church in Salina, KS. Her main objective for whatever she puts her hand to, is to bring glory to the name of Christ, that He may receive the reward of His suffering.
Option #1: Click here to download a compressed file (.zip) with both print and web versions of the pictures below.
Option #2: Click each picture and a print quality image will open in a new window. Or right click the photo to save it to your computer.
Sign up below to download a PDF of the first chapter:
Shelley Hitz is available to speak on the following topics:
- Forgiveness and Sexual Sin
- Sexual purity
- Pornography and women
- The impact of pornography on marriage
- Custom topics upon request.
Invite Shelley to speak at your event here: www.ChristianSpeakers.tv