There are pornography addiction resources for women to get help, but always remember that the most important part is to have the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
Books on Pornography
- A Christian Woman’s Guide to Breaking Free from Pornography: It’s Not Just a Guy’s Problem by Shelley Hitz and S’ambrosia Curtis
Download the first chapter free and another free ebook, “The Misery of Porn and the Joy of Purity” here.
- Dirty Girls Come Clean by Crystal Renaud
- The Truth Behind the Fantasy of Porn - by Shelley Lubben, former porn star
- Free eBooks and Resources from Covenant Eyes, I especially recommend downloading their ebook, “Your Brain on Porn.”
Other Pornography Resources
- Pornography Addiction Calendar (PDF) - This calendar helped me to identify some of the core triggers when I gave in to pornography. It also gave me reinforcement during my days of victory. You can apply this to your own recovery as well.
Books on Sexual Addiction, Lust or Recovery
- Love Done Right Devos by Jessica Harris – this short ebook focuses on the topic of lust vs. love.
- Every Woman’s Battle by Shannon Ethridge
- Surfing for God - by Michael John Cusick, written primarily for men but has concepts from which we all can benefit.
- The Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson
- XXXChurch.com – a list of other books and resources for women listed on the XXXChurch.com website.
Christian Books on Emotional Healing
- Healing the Wounded Heart by Thom Gardner
- My Healing Journey: An Interactive Guide to Spiritual Wholeness by Thom Gardner
- Biblical Healing and Deliverance byChester & Betsy Kylstra
- Waking the Dead by John Eldredge
- Filters and Software: See an entire list here: www.christianwomenandporn.com/using-computer-filters-and-software-to-break-free-from-pornography
- Setting Captives Free: Setting captives free has a free 60 day Bible study for adults who struggle with pornography called, “Way of Purity: Freedom from the Bondage of Pornography (they have a course specifically for teens as well). You are assigned an accountability partner, so that is a great plus in getting help. I (Shelley) personally went through this course and recommend it. You can sign up for free here: http://www.bodyandsoulpublishing.com/wayofpurity
- X3pure.com: The ministry of XXXchurch.com has started a 30-day online program for women struggling with pornography. You can get more information about this program here: www.bodyandsoulpublishing.com/x3pure
- Covenant Eyes Free Webinars: http://www.bodyandsoulpublishing.com/pornwebinars
- Dirty girls community signup: http://www.bodyandsoulpublishing.com/dirtygirlscommunity
- “Captivated” Documentary: Watch this award winning documentary about the general effects of media on our culture here: http://captivatedthemovie.com
Documentaries about Pornography
- Shamed - This documentary will address the debilitating effects of shame surrounding pornography and even healthy sexuality in conservative Christian communities. Through the voices of many experts, religious leaders of several Christian denominations, recovering addicts and their loved ones, we will begin to dismantle the fear and misconceptions that keep shame alive.
- Scratching the Surface - Scratching the Surface is an independent film initiative aimed at connecting people with key champions from the battlefront against pornography. Director Francois Driessen and his team engages important topics that arises from the saturation of pornography within our culture and the church, and allows the audience to actively participate in the the filmmaking process via social media.
- Somebody’s Daughter - Three men and a husband and wife share their personal struggle with pornography confronting the lies and darkness of this addictive force with compelling honesty and hope. The DVD also contains four music videos and eight vignettes. The 55 minute bonus CD contains 9 original songs, stories, poetry, and scripture readings.
- Beggar’s Daughter – Jessica Harris shares her own struggle with pornography and communicates grace to a generation of women trapped in sexual sin.
- Walking in Freedom - Amy Riordan shares her own story of finding freedom from a pornography addiction as well as resources to help you.
- Porn to Purity - Jeff and Marsha Fisher offer their own story and many resources to those struggling with pornography addiction.
- Porn Harms - the leading national organization opposing obscenity and indecency through public education and the application of the law.
- Porn Harms Research – recent research on the effects of pornography.
- Christians in Recovery – a non-profit ministry offering resources to Christians in recovery.
- Reaching Hurting Women - Tamara Mapp is a recovering sex addict, sober seven years. As an ordained minister, she chronicles her recovery journey with messages of hope in this weekly blog.
- Autobiography in Five Short Chapters is a poem by Portia Nelson – This poem, also known as “Hole in My Sidewalk” has become widely known in many addiction recovery circles. I love the simple and yet powerful way that Portia describes recovery.
- Pornography: Women Addicted by Paul Strand, CBN News Senior Washington Correspondent
- Sexual Junk Food: Porn’s Degrading Effects by CBN News
- A Solution to the Porn Problem by CBN News
Do you have other resources to add? If so, contact us or share them in the comments below!